Rwenzori Tiny Trove Basket with Flat Lid
Skilled weavers living in the ethereal Rwenzori Mountains of Uganda fashion this lovely small lidded basket from dried banana leaf or papyrus stalks and dyed raffia. We love using baskets of this size to present small gifts, making the packaging an equal treasure to own and love.
Dimensions: 4 - 5.5"L x 4 - 5.5"W x 3 - 3.5"H
Crafted from: Banana leaf, papyrus, raffia palm, dye
Handwoven in: Uganda
Sourced with a Fair Trade Federation certified women-owned small corp committed to:
- providing fair payment to workers in developing nations
- educating makers and workers to increase their potential for advancement
- ensuring the rights of children
- developing products and processes that protect and conserve the natural environment
- promoting fair trade as the standard in commercial exchanges
Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
Handcrafted basket from sustainably sourced banana leaf, papyrus and palm. Heirloom-quality baskets with expertly woven, color coordinated fine stitches for beautiful, display worthy baskets.