Rwenzori Alpine Blossom Harvest Basket
Skilled weavers living in the ethereal Rwenzori Mountains of Uganda fashion this beautiful floral motif basket from banana leaf or papyrus stalks and dyed raffia. Whether used for harvesting, as a tabletop storage basket or as a wall adornment, this handcrafted piece of art represents Uganda's "moon mountains" beautifully. This basket is great for a table centerpiece, bread or fruit bowl, or desktop organizer.
Dimensions: 16"L x 16"W x 4"H
Crafted from: Banana leaf, papyrus, raffia palm, dye
Handwoven in: Uganda
Sourced with a Fair Trade Federation certified women-owned small corp committed to:
- providing fair payment to workers in developing nations
- educating makers and workers to increase their potential for advancement
- ensuring the rights of children
- developing products and processes that protect and conserve the natural environment
- promoting fair trade as the standard in commercial exchanges
Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
Handcrafted basket from sustainably sourced banana leaf, papyrus and palm. Heirloom-quality baskets with expertly woven, color coordinated fine stitches for beautiful, display worthy baskets.