Fulani Sterling Silver Earrings
The Fulani people of Mali traditionally wore their riches in adornments they could carry at all times. Beautiful gold earrings of this style ranged in sizes, the most elaborate demonstrating great wealth and requiring yarn to be wrapped around the hooks to alleviate the weight of the gold.
This modern adaptation on the traditional design shines in beautiful sterling silver.
Three sizes available. Sold as a set of two earrings. Because these items are handmade, each may vary slightly.
Large: 2"L x 1"W
Medium: 1.25"L x 0.5"W
Small: 1"L x 0.5"W
Crafted from: Brass, silver
Made in: Mali
We source the earrings through a fair trade network that adheres to:
- providing fair payment to workers in developing nations
- educating makers and workers to increase their potential for advancement
- ensuring the rights of children
- developing products and processes that protect and conserve the natural environment
- promoting fair trade as the standard in commercial exchanges
- confirming that payments are being received and properly allocated to individual artisans