White Woven Storage Container
Wolof women in Senegal weave this colorful storage container by binding cattail stalks with strips of plastic recycled from prayer mats or purchased new at the mat factory in Dakar.
The result is a useful piece of handcrafted decorative art that brings together natural materials, traditional weaving methods and modern recycled materials in a fun and whimsical way.
Dimensions: 8.5"L x 8.5"W x 8.5"H
Crafted from: Typha (cattails), plastic strips
Made in: Senegal
Sold singly; two sizes available. Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
Sourced with a Fair Trade Federation certified women-owned small corp committed to:
- providing fair payment to workers in developing nations
- educating makers and workers to increase their potential for advancement
- ensuring the rights of children
- developing products and processes that protect and conserve the natural environment
- promoting fair trade as the standard in commercial exchanges
Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.